EXTERIOR FINISHES OF WALLS
Thanks to its elasticity, it will never let cracks appear on the walls and
will allow aesthetic finishes of high quality. It will also be possible to mix different types of finish in the same building (coating and plaster, etc.).
Here again, a lot of solutions are offered, although it will remain a personal choice of the client.
- Solid wood cladding: (larch, red cedar or Douglas fir)
- Crushed wood resin: (very resistant to heat, humidity and termites)
- Laminated glue
- PVC coating is easy to maintain and ages better than natural materials. Above all, it has the advantage of being economical and does not require specific maintenance apart cleaning with water.
- The wood fiber coating is especially appreciated for being 100% ecological. Its mixture without glue or solvent does not swell with moisture.
- Cement fiber lining consists of cellulose, silica and cement. Highly resistant to frost and fire, it is available in a wide range of colors. Its installation is facilitated by a simple and fast system. It does not require maintenance and can be repainted if desired. However, its composition is the least ecological alternative.
- The metal (zinc) coating fulfills two functions: aesthetic and insulating. This material is resistant to thermal variations and corrosion. Like cement, it does not require maintenance.
- Tile siding is installed on the base of small wooden planks nailed to a secondary frame. This work is long and tedious, although very colorful.
The walls of plants are an alternative to the original coating for a facade. Very popular now in urban areas, they protect from humidity and pollution while being an element of decoration.